A DD-214, or Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, can be of help when you’re applying for another identification card. For example, a DD-214 is one of the secondary documents accepted by the Vital Records Office for applying for a birth certificate.

The National Archives website is the place to order a copy of a DD-214. You may also be able to get help ordering a copy of your DD-214 through some of the agencies listed in the Veterans section on Remerg.com.

Identification Help

Government Archives


You will need to order a copy of your DD-214 through Archives.gov. You can do this online or by mail. Click on Request Military Service Records, then start the form online. In most cases, this copy is free. Click on website to get started.

More Info
Sorry, we couldn't find a match for that.

Not what you're looking for?

Try searching for new keywords or go back to all our resources.

Go to all resources