Social Security Card

If you’ve lost your social security card, you can apply for a replacement card. You have to show original documents or certified copies that prove your age, identity, and US citizenship. For example, a US birth certificate and US driver’s license or state ID prove age, identity, and US citizenship. Sometimes the Social Security Administration will accept other documents. Click the button below for information about what is acceptable.

If you’re not a US citizen, you’ll need to prove you are legally in the country for work purposes, as well as your age and identity. Click the button below to learn more.

Try to go to the Social Security office in person in case there are any questions about your documents. You may have to wait several hours before you’re seen, so take something with you to read or do. Click the button below and enter your zip code to find the nearest Social Security office.