Programs for Veterans

County Veterans Services Office (CVSO)

CVSO representatives works for the Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs. They help veterans file for benefits, and they can serve as an advocate. The representative may also have a local network of resources.Click below to find the Colorado database for CVSO representatives.

Some CVSO representatives are very helpful, but some aren’t. If your phone calls aren’t answered, try emailing. If this still doesn’t work, try calling one of the state Colorado Veterans Affairs offices below to ask where you can get help.

Colorado Veterans Affairs Office, Denver
1355 S. Colorado Boulevard
Building C, Suite 113
Denver, CO 80222

Colorado Veterans Affairs Office, Lakewood
155 Van Gordon, Suite 210
Lakewood, CO 80228

Denver VA Community Resources & Referral Center (CRRC)

Denver has a community resource and referral center (CRRC) sponsored by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for veterans who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. If you’re homeless or at risk of being homeless, reach out to the Denver VA CRRC right away. The CRRC can help with applying for VA medical and financial benefits, applying for a DD214, finding mental health services, finding a job, finding temporary housing, showers, storage space, and laundry service. It also has a small medical clinic; come early in the day for the best chance of being seen that day. Eligibility can be a bit confusing, but you can call ahead or walk in to speak with someone. The CRRC can’t help you if you were dishonorably discharged.

Denver VA Community Resources & Referral Center
1247 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80204
Hours: M-F, 6:30am – 3pm

Departments of Human Services

Your county’s department of human services may have a Veteran Services Office. For example, in Denver’s Department of Human Services office at 1200 Federal Boulevard, there's a friendly Veteran Services Office that helps veterans (regardless of a criminal background) file for benefits, find employment, and learn about other resources. The Veteran Services Office in a department of human services works for that county office. Click on the button below for the list of Colorado’s departments of human service offices.

Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program at the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless

563 E Colfax Avenue, Denver CO 80203 Map
303-312-9835 / M-F: 9am - 4pm
Serves all seven Denver metro area counties. To get started, you must attend a three-hour orientation offered every Thursday at 9am. This orientation is supportive and includes information about jobs, outreach, other organizations, and resources. To qualify for the program, you must be looking for permanent employment in your community, a veteran of any branch of the US military discharged under any condition other than dishonorable, and homeless or at risk of being homeless. You must also demonstrate you’re motivated to get a job and stay employed. If you’re not ready to work and need other help first, such as medical or mental health, they may be able to refer you to the help you need.

Homeless Veterans Call Center 877-424-3838

If you're a veteran and homeless or at risk of homelessness, you (and your family/friends) can call the VA call center. Calls are answered 24/7 and they're confidential. Click on the button below for more info.

Homes for All Veterans at Rocky Mountain Human Services 719-323-2600

Rocky Mountain Human Services offers Homes for All Veterans. It tries to provide housing for homeless veterans. You can walk in any time for help with housing, but note that case managers don’t provide immediate housing or emergency shelter vouchers. They help with the search and financial help with getting into housing, which can take a while. They also have Veteran Employment Services. Orientations are on Mondays at 9am. They can refer you to other services once you’re in the program. They serve El Paso, Fremont, and Pueblo counties. Ask about eligibility. Varies by program.

Volunteers of America (VOA)

VOA is a nonprofit organization that helps veterans, seniors, people with disabilities, at-risk youth, homeless individuals and families, and people recovering from addiction. VOA has programs that offer help in many areas. Talk to a case manager to see if you qualify for housing assistance or help getting a job. VOA offices are in Denver, Durango, Fort Collins, and Grand Junction below. Click on the button below for location info.

Workforce Centers

Workforce centers are required to make veterans a priority, so many Colorado Workforce Centers have someone whose focus is to help veterans find a job. Be sure to ask for the veterans employment specialist when you visit. These reps usually have a strong network and are happy to share information. Workforce Centers are also called American Job Centers. Click on the button below to see a map and list of every workforce center in Colorado.

Good to Know!

The Colorado Department of Labor and Workforce Centers has a website for veterans. You can get help with job searches, resume creation, interview preparation, and links to education and training at the website linked below.