Helping an Incarcerated Friend or Family Member

If you have a friend or family member incarcerated in prison in Colorado, the Colorado Department of Corrections has specific directions on how to send money, locate him or her, write letters or make phone calls, or find a policy on its website.

The Find a Policy button can be helpful when you want to look up and read a prison regulation. Scroll down the list of topics and then click to open a policy.

Click below for the CDOC website.

County jail websites can usually answer questions about how to visit a friend or family member. To find a county jail website, google the name of your city + county jail. Jails are also called detention facilities.

To learn about organizations focused on criminal justice, see the list in the Re-entry Help section.