Help Getting Your ID

Help is out there. If you’re on parole or probation, ask your supervisor for help. You can call Mile High United Way at 2-1-1 and ask the operator about your specific city/county. Some community employment organizations also help. See below for information.

Metro Caring

Metro Caring works with 25 organizations in CO to distribute vouchers that cover the cost of birth certificates, driver’s licenses, and state IDs to low income people and their families. To see the list of all 25 organizations, click below.

Metro Caring can also help with out-of-state birth certificates. Call 720-343-8452 on Tuesdays at noon. Leave a message with your name, state of birth, your phone number, and best time to call you back.

Metro Caring is at 1100 E. 18th Avenue, Denver, CO 80203. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 3pm, Tuesday evenings 6-8pm. Call 303-860-7200. Click below to see the Metro Caring website.

Holy Ghost Social Ministry Office

Holy Ghost helps with birth certificates, divorce decrees, marriage certificates, CO state ID and driver’s license. It's located at 1900 California Street, Denver, CO 80202. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 3:30 pm, in the basement. Call 303-297-3441. Click below to see the Holy Ghost website.

Good To Know !

If you’re having trouble getting the documents you need to apply for an ID, Colorado Legal Services has an ID project that may be of help. Their help is free if you qualify. Call 303-837-1321 to schedule a phone interview or walk in the Denver office on Wednesday, 8:30am – 11am, at 1905 Sherman Street, 4th floor.

You can get help with identification documents at every Colorado Legal Services office in the state. Click on the button below to see a list of addresses and phone numbers.