A DD-214, or Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, can be of help when you’re applying for another identification card. For example, a DD-214 is one of the secondary documents accepted by the Vital Records Office for applying for a birth certificate.

Veterans who enlisted in Colorado can contact the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, 1355 South Colorado Boulevard, Bldg C, Suite 113 (ground floor), Denver, CO 80222. You can call 303-284-6077 and ask them to order it for you and the documentation you need to order a copy. Also ask what you need to show in order to pick up your DD-214. This will probably be your Colorado state ID or driver's license. If you enlisted outside of Colorado, ask this office where they recommend you order a copy of your DD-214


Good to Know !

The Community Resources & Referral Center at 1247 Santa Fe drive, denver, Co 80204 will help you apply for your DD-214 and other identification documents. Hours are M-F, 6:30am – 3pm. Call 720-501-3367 first to confirm.